Author Archives: dreamstayadm
Tallinn has a lot to offer to families and the young ones. The medieval old town is a sight itself and worth exploring, but there are also number of attractions that enable children not only sights, but also activities. Below is a small selection of activities and places we recommend:
- Seaplane Harbor (Maritime museum) – The perfect place to learn and play!
The Seaplane harbor is one of Europe’s oldest maritime museum that hosts a real submarine from the 1930s, a 100-year old ice-breaker, seaplanes, cannons, and many other life-sized exhibits. The children will be fascinated by taking a voyage around the world in a Yellow submarine, taking photos in naval uniforms and trying out many different simulators and games. Besides, Family Sundays are held every second Sunday of every month between noon and 4 p.m.
- Location: 10-minute drive from the Old Town (free parking!). For public transport, take the bus No.73 from the Freedom square which brings you right to the doorstep!
- Price: Children (age 9-18) – 7€, family ticket 28€. Children aged 8 and under are admitted for free
- Opening times: Daily 10-18.00 (closed Mondays!)
- TV Tower – Tallinn from above!
Climb onto the observation deck of the TV Tower and check out the city of Tallinn from a height of 160 meters. Children will enjoy discovering the world’s skyscrapers on interactive screens, watching a 2D film specially made for the TV Tower, reading their own news item on the TV news, and learning about world-known Estonian inventions! Young enthusiasts will be stunned watching astonishing experiments during science theaters and learning how cool science is!
- Location: 20-minute drive from the Old town. With public transport: buses number 34A, 38, 49 from the city center.
- Price: Children (7-18 years old) 7€, Family ticket 27€
- Opening times: Every day 10-18.00
- Tallinn Zoo – Nature at your fingertips!
If the weather permits, the zoo would be the perfect place to go for a stroll. The most exciting part for families is the Children’s zoo, where kids can get a close look at small animals, as well as feed and pet them. In the summer months, one can visit the Adventure park which hosts various attractions and zip-lines for children.
- Location: 16-minute drive from the old town. Public transport: bus line 16
- Price: 5€ for adults, 3 for children. Children under 6 enter for free!
- Opening times: Ticket office and entrance: 9-17
- Atlantis Water Park – Relax and discover the world beneath water!
A perfect spot if you wish to let off steam after a long day of adventures in the old town. There is a separate pool and playground area for small kids. The older children can have fun on the 8 waterslides. Meanwhile, the parents can enjoy the relaxing circular river pool and various saunas.
- Location: 12km from Old Town. With public transport: bus line 1A from city center
- Price: Daily ticket for children 14-18€, and daily family ticket 47-59€
- Opening times: Daily 12:00 – 22:00